Metro CUSTOMERS HONORED DURING COMMUNITY AWARDS
October 23, 2018
Metro Aviation recognized customer recipients of the Association of Air Medical Services Community Awards and those celebrating service milestones on Tuesday during its Annual Press Event at the 2018 Air Medical Transport Conference.
The event highlighted AAMS Community Awards winners and programs celebrating 20 years or more of service.
Customer AAMS Community Awards Include:
- David P. Thompson, M.S., M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.E.P., C.M.T.E., of Vidant EastCare – Medical Director of the Year
- Frankie Toon of University of Utah Health AirMed – Excellence in Transport Leadership
- Laura Combs of MedFlight of Ohio – Communicator of the Year
Operations Customer Anniversaries Include:
- University of Utah AirMed – 40 years of service
- Allegheny Health Network LifeFlight, 40 years of service
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center MedSTAR Transport – 35 years of service
- Benefis Health System Mercy Flight – 35 years of service
- Life Air Rescue – 35 years of service
- University of Michigan Survival Flight – 35 years of service
- Holmes Regional Medical Center First Flight – 30 years of service
- Penn Medicine PennSTAR – 30 years of service
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Children’s Response – 20 years of service
- West Michigan Air Care – 25 years of service
Metro Aviation operates 140 aircraft for more than 30 programs across the United States. Metro’s customers include some of the most prominent university and children’s health care systems in the country and combined, have hundreds of years of experience providing quality care.
To learn more about Metro Aviation, visit the Metro Booth #729 during the Air Medical Transport Conference.
Stay Updated with Metro
Airmedic acquires 3 EC145e's for air medical transport June 18, 2019 Source: Vertical Magazine As a leader in air medical transport across Quebec, Airmedic continues to grow thanks to the purchase of three new fully equipped EC145e helicopters. The company will rely...
Metro Completion Center receives EASA seal of approval June 4, 2019 The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has issued a U.S. Approval Certificate to Metro Aviation as a Part-145 maintenance organization. EASA is responsible for the certification of aircraft...
UW Health offers first look at upgraded fleet May 31, 2019 Metro Aviation and UW Health’s Med Flight partnership officially took flight today. Med Flight began serving its 250-mile radius service area with a fleet of three Airbus EC135’s and an EC145, completed by...
Metro Aviation is constantly growing our capabilities and expanding our reach. Metro holds more than 30 Supplemental type Certificates (STC) and completes about 35 aircraft each year for U.S. customers anf global clients.