the lightweight workhorse
The helicopter industry was first introduced to the 145e at the Heli-Expo in 2015 when Metro Aviation was announced as the launch customer for the aircraft with an initial order of six helicopters. Fast forward to 2018 and Metro has ordered an unprecedented 25 EC145e aircraft.
Originally launched as a basic VFR platform, Metro has worked with Genesys Aerosystems to develop step-up approved options including two-axis Helisas ™ and an Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS). A development program to add a three-axis Autopilot/SAS with previously mentioned EFIS will enable Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) Operation. IFR certification is expected in 2018.
The EC145e is a powerful, reliable and affordable light twin helicopter boasting a short delivery lead-time, excellent cost competitiveness, and increased useful payload. It retains the power, performance, and reliability of the EC145 and the same large cabin with clam-shell rear doors for easy and safe loading and unloading. The standard EC145e includes a single pilot VFR glass cockpit featuring the Garmin G500H and GTN 650 GPS and communication system. It has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 lbs, the same as the EC145C2 variant, but the useful load is increased by as much as 330 lbs.
- Spacious interior with a large unobstructed flat floor cabin providing excellent cockpit visibility for pilots/crew as well as unrivaled loading capability from the rear and side
- Flexibility in role change including rapidly interchangeable optional equipment, such as the rescue hoist, internal long range fuel tank, cargo hook, bambi bucket amongst others
- Fully compliant to the latest crash-worthiness requirements FAR29/CS29 – airframe, landing gear and seats
- High set main rotor system
- Redundant systems – hydraulic, electrical and lubrication for the main transmissions
- Reduced DOC with simplified systems
- All Metro STC’s are available
Made in America
Airbus Helicopters is producing the EC145e at its final assembly plant in Columbus, Mississippi where it also produces the UH-72A Lakota for the U.S. Army and the H125 commercial helicopter for the North American market. Metro will customize the aircraft for individual customers at its completion center in Shreveport, La.
Metro Aviation is constantly growing our capabilities and expanding our reach. We are proud to partner with these outstanding hospital partners and provide air medical transport to communities across the country.