Metro Aviation News
New Zealand is Metro’s newest international training partner, 6.6.17
The Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, has expanded its international reach to New Zealand. The Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand recognized and approved the new EC145 Level D simulator training provided to HeliOtago, the country’s largest helicopter operator based at Taieri Airfield in Mosgiel, Otago. Authorities from the FAA, Argentina and Canada have also certified the simulator.
Representatives from HeliOtago were recently at the training center in Shreveport to spend time in the simulator in an effort to get approval for a HeliOtago EC145 training course. “To say we got a lot out of the training is a huge understatement,” said Chief Pilot Grant Withers.
“We are pleased to provide the training resources to our colleagues in New Zealand,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Safety plays an important part in their training culture and we are happy to assist them.” The Helicopter Flight Training Center also provides training resources to operators in Brazil, Columbia, Peru and India, as well as several domestic organizations.
The FlightSafety International simulator, developed with the assistance of Metro Aviation, is first Level D full motion simulator for the EC145 in North America.
Other Metro Aviation News
- Senators Introduce Bill to Ensure Rural Communities Have Continued Access to Emergency Air Medical Services, 11.14.17
- Metro Celebrates 35 Years, 10.16.17
- Metro Aviation displays EC145e at Air Medical Transport Conference, 10.16.17
- South Africa joins roster of international training partners, 9.28.17
- Metro Aviation delivers EC155 to Penn State Health, 9.26.17
- Mission’s MAMA Team Christens New Helicopter, Honors Late Team Member, 6.2.17
- Metro Aviation receives Electronic Flight System STC for 145e, 3.8.17
- Metro Aviation Celebrates 35 Years, 3.8.17
- Sikorsky launches safety enhancement program with PHI Inc. and Metro Aviation, 3.8.17
- Metro Aviation to exhibit at HELI-EXPO 2017, 3.7.17
≪ Page 1 of 17 ≫