Countdown to AMTC 2019: Metro showcases two EC145e’s
October 31, 2019
Metro Aviation’s booth at the 2019 Air Medical Transport Conference will make history as the first to simultaneously feature two EC145e aircraft completions.
Air medical professionals and enthusiasts can experience two distinctive EMS configurations, both of which were outfitted at Metro’s Shreveport-based completion center. Attendees can sit in the pilot seat of the IFR-equipped GundersenAIR helicopter, witness Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s mobile ICU first-hand, and meet the aircrews and experts supporting the programs.
Since the variant’s debut, Metro has completed eight EC145e’s for various EMS customers and recorded approximately 10,000 hours of flight time for the aircraft. One customer, Quebec’s Airmedic, will be used for exclusive flight demos during the expo.
The Metro team will also host its annual Press Event on November 5 at 11am, inviting attendees to celebrate company and customer milestones over beer and pretzels. The following awards and milestones will be recognized:
Customer AAMS Community Awards:
- Excellence in Community Service Award – Debi Hastilow, RN, EMT-P, CMTE of MedFlight of Ohio
- Marriott-Carlson Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Helenka Marcinek of AirLink Critical Care Transport
- Excellence in Transport Leadership Award – Deborah Boudreaux of Cook Children’s Teddy Bear Transport
- Call of the Year – Vidant EastCare
Operations customer anniversaries:
- IU Health LifeLine – 40 years of service
- Vincent HELP Flight – 40 years of service
- Mercy Life Line – 35 years of service
- UC Air Care – 35 years of service
- TGH Aeromed – 30 years of service
- DHART – 25 years of service
- ProMedica Air – 20 years of service
- Metro became the first to STC a medical interior for Airbus’ H135 T3H variant with Helionix
- Several customers expanded with new bases
- Metro hosted its first CommLEAD, an innovative conference for Communication Center Managers
- The University of Wisconsin Health’s MedFlight joined the Metro Family
- The EC145e became IFR-certified
While on the booth, attendees can earn a chance to win a limited-edition YETI mug when they post a photo of GundersenAir or CHOA on Twitter (using #MetroAMTC) or on Facebook tagging Metro. Attendees must follow Metro on either platform to be eligible to win.
To close out the show, Metro welcomes guests to its booth for a Morning-After Breakfast on November 6 when the show floor opens. The helicopters will be on display at booth #133 from November 4-6, 2019. Contest and aircraft information can be found at https://www.metroaviation.com/ec145e-at-amtc/.
Stay Updated with Metro
Momentum for the EC145e spikes at AMTC November 14, 2019 Metro Aviation moves on with six EC145e orders following the 2019 Air Medical Transport Conference, leaving 10 aircraft available for purchase. With orders in place before the conference, Metro saw increased...
University of Utah AirMed explores new role for mass casualty incidents November 5, 2019 Source: Vertical Magazine Across the U.S., mass casualty incidents (MCIs) are becoming all too common. Single, horrific events — whether mass shootings, natural disasters, or...
Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145 November 5, 2019 Metro recently began the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process for the Stryker Performance Pro in the EC145. Metro initiated the process after the ground ambulance standard was changed...
Metro Aviation is constantly growing our capabilities and expanding our reach. Metro holds more than 30 Supplemental type Certificates (STC) and completes about 35 aircraft each year for U.S. customers anf global clients.