What We Do...
Metro Aviation has two primary business segments: COMPLETIONS and OPERATIONS. While our primary focus is always our customers, it is within one of these two areas that our relationship begins. The following is a brief outline of what we do at Metro.
· Metro is an FAA Certified Airframe Modification, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair center with over
· We are also an FAA Certified Engine Inspection, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Service with over 3,000 square feet of engine and accessory overhaul space.
· Metro is an FAA Certified Avionics Installation and Repair with over 4,000 square feet of avionics work space.
· Our facility in Shreveport boasts two climate-controlled paint booths to accomodate our busy paint schedule.
· Metro Aviation keeps an ample supply of spare parts (including main gear boxes and engines) on-hand. We typically invest nearly TWICE what our competitors invest per aircraft in initial inventory purchases for a new base startup. This is yet another prime example of our commitment to our customers and keeping their aircraft in service.
· Metro Aviation has received over 20 Supplemental Type Certificates (STC's) and
performed numerous installations on the following aircraft:
- EC155 (EMS, Options) – STC’d and completed first EMS interior in U.S.
- EC145 (EMS, Options, SPIFR, AC) – over 80 aircraft completed
- EC135 (EMS, Options, SPIFR, AC) – over 225 aircraft completed
- EC130 (EMS, Options)
- AS350 (EMS)
- BK117 (EMS, Options, Lighting)
- BO105 (EMS, Options)
· In addition to the air medical and law enforcement kits, components and avionics installed by our Aircraft Completion Center, Metro Aviation performs much of the necessary maintenance and repairs on both completed aircraft and aircraft either owned or leased by Metro Aviation under our Aircraft Operations Division.
See "Aircraft Operations" for details on our Aircraft Operations Division.
See "Metro Aviation Product Support" for support documents for the various airframes operated by Metro Aviation.